Frequently Asked Questions
What safety measures will be in place when the gym re-opens?
- I continue to operate from a private and fully equipped, boutique studio, part of a larger exclusive sports ground in Chislehurst.
- As per guidelines, social distancing will be implemented and adhered to.
- All equipment to be wiped down & cleaned after each individual session.
- Hands sanitiser, anti-bacterial wipes & disposable gloves to be available for client use.
- No overlapping of clients – clients to wait outside / in safe area until studio is ready.
- Outdoor training available on the private field next to the studio, with / without equipment. You can have a choice of training in the sun or in the shade.
- For your comfort & convenience I am also conducting PT and nutritional appointments via video conferencing. Contact me if you would like a free 30 min taster session .
- Consultations related to Nutrition Packages can be conducted with social distancing or via video conferencing.
- Any special requirements or requests from clients will always be considered.
How does training or nutrition sessions work via video conference?
As we’re all asked to stay at home currently due to the Covid-19 pandemic, it’s critical that we keep fit in body and mind! Fortunately, I am able to provide personalised 1-1 or small group sessions directly to your sitting room using the Zoom video conference platform; you can join with a free download on your phone, tablet or computer – it works on Windows, Apple Mac, Apple iOS and Android. Feedback has been great: my existing clients have been very complimentary on how flexible this is and how well it works.
What about equipment you may ask! Well you don’t really need much, there are many exercises we can do with no equipment – if you do have a mat or some small weights, we can use that. I recommend placing the device you are using nearby your wi-fi to get the best signal and if you have wireless sports headphones, those can help too. During our first session we will discuss what equipment you have and work out a plan based around that.
On the nutrition side, I can also help with best uses of the food that you have available – with the added time at home that most of us are currently experiencing, it’s the perfect opportunity to practice cooking some healthy dishes.
What does a consultation entail?
In your initial consultation we will discuss your goals, current food habits, take measurements and check your weight. If you want to bring along a list of questions, please do; there is no such thing as a stupid question so ask me everything you want to. Once I have this information, I can begin to put together your own bespoke nutritional plan for you to follow. If you wish to combine eating with exercise (which I strongly advise ?), I can also advise on the best approach here too.
Do I need to do anything before my first appointment?
Ahead of your first appointment with me, I will ask you to complete a questionnaire and a food diary (I’ll supply you with the template). I promise there is no judgement from me, but I do need you to be completely honest! Once we get a good overview of your current meals and habits, we can start to work together on identifying and addressing any problem areas.
How long will it take to get results?
The best, long-lasting results are not gained instantly. We will need to work together on making lifestyle changes and embracing a new mindset. Once you adopt your tailored nutritional plan and stick to it, you will begin to see changes. Seeing results will spur you on and give you a newfound enthusiasm to stay with it.